Sunday, October 16, 2011

realizations of a teenage girl.

a typical teenage life includes a few of these.  if you are anything like me, it would be all of them.

*weekend football/basketball games. whether it be home or away, attendance is necessary.
*being with friends constantly.
*enjoying yourself.
*procrastinating homework as long as physically possible.
*go to a party or two.
*drive around town.

however.

I have realized that these things don't necessarily measure your happiness.

It's about what you do.  What talents you have.  How you share them with other people.  What rounds your life, rather than the same consistent things all the time.

Consistency is boring.

While in a deep conversation with a close friend, we discussed numerous things, but one thing he said stuck with me.  We were talking about how I was having a rough time at school.  He said to me that it said a lot about my character that I didn't come back, and that I stuck through with it.  He said some other things along with it that I won't share, but I had never really thought about it that way.  It really hit me hard.

If you're still reading.  Here's some food for thought.  And a little glimpse into my mind at the moment.

I've learned recently that it is best to own up to your mistakes.  Make apologies.  And wait to see the outcomes.

Unfortunately, I'm not the most patient person in the world.  I wish I was.  And things I do keep biting me in the backside.  I guess writing about it is the only way I can really express how I feel about my life and what happens.  I wasn't blessed with the ability to speak my feelings well unless I write it out first.  Communicating correctly in person isn't a strength of mine, is my latest realization.

And here's a realization of the past few minutes.

Conjuring a well thought out post that has some sort of organized format doesn't sit well with me.

Have a good sunday!


I want to go back to these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment