Tuesday, November 29, 2011

injuries.

sometimes you think that parts of your life can slip past you, and that you can simply breeze by.

like a seagull. 
or, maybe like when you know you need to clip your toenails. but you just don't want to reach down there to get the job done.

i think that is kind of how i feel about thinking about college. growing up. i know that i need to spend time to really think about what i want to do. and i always thought i knew. but when it comes down to the nitty gritty details, i don't want to think.





along the same lines, teenagers think that they can cruise their way through high school, not have to worry  and stress about schoolwork, and still expect to get by without any injury.

I definitely slipped into thinking like this.  and what do you know.  i'm injured.

Monday came and went last week, and I started my pre-season track workouts with my coach.  After my first workout, I was extremely sore and tight, but hey, that always goes away, right?  Psh, I'll be fine.

The NEXT Monday. (yesterday). at practice again, and still tight as can be.  coach isn't there to discuss my capabilities, and so i do the workout.
next thing you know, i have a pulled quadricep.

(also known as THIGH. yum.)

yes, that extremely large muscle in your leg that enables you to walk.  bend down. sit. what have you.

my mindset was engulfed in the notion that yes, i could weasel my way though the next 6 months sneakily, without something terribly disappointing happening.

well. i learned my lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment