Sunday, July 3, 2011

binary thinking: eventful vs. tedious.

dearest friends.
I have great news to share.
Many an event has occurred in the life of Emily!
As of yesterday, that is.

EVENT #1.
I received a phone call from mom.
Surprise, surprise, WE'RE GOING TO ROME!!
AHHHH.

yeah.
me.
I'm going to ROME. ITALY.
people I'm going to ITALY!!! (my attempt at Italian colors. White doesn't exactly work here; but just go along with it.)
Turns out our plans to go see the two mountain stages of "Le Tour de France" fell through, so were spending those days in Italy.
I cannot even explain to you my joy.
More details later.

EVENT #2.

I saw family today.
YES! My grandparents, aunt, uncle, and cousins arrived in Brittany today!
They had been in the lovely city of Paris all week, and finally journeyed on my way.
PHHeww.
I wanted to cry, I was so happy to see people who actually spoke English.
People I knew; and people I loved dearly.
I acted as translator (ha ha ha, funny. what a great translator I seem to be. apparently enough of one.)
More details about our adventuring tomorrow.

EVENT #3.
I had an epiphany last night. I was yet again up at 2:30, but this time for a completely different reason.
I was writing poems.
All this thinking about poetry the past couple days has had my mind in a mess.
Yes, a complete and utter mess.
My thoughts keep swirling around me, trying to get out and formed into writing;
yet it takes so much more time to write than you think.
But, I wrote one and a half poems last night.
One was a simple one about wind, (something on my mind yesterday)
and another is the one that is currently on my homepage.
Yes, to your left.

READ it. LOVE it. MAKE it your scripture. Basically I need to polish it up, but that in and of itself is what I live for. Every day. Finding myself. Figuring out who I'm supposed to be.
Enjoy. Tell me what you think about it, too. I would like that. And appreciate it. Very much :)

As for the title of this post.
I don't know where I was going with it.
Probably because other than those three events of the day,
I sat around and did absolutely nothing.
And was totally and utterly bored. A tedious day to live.
And that will be all for July 3, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment