Thursday, June 23, 2011

my arrival (good vs. bad)

Bonjour!

I made it. And I'm not dead :)

so i got on my flight from Boston to Paris, and slept the entire 7 hours
(good)
I found my way to the train station inside the airport
(good)
I found my train on the monitor
(good)
I had to wait two hours (bad)

I got on my correct train at the appointed time (good)
I sat in my seat
(good)
I slept the entire train ride to Rennes
(okay)

TIP #1: Okay people, NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER take a 65 lb. SUITCASE. ANYWHERE.

I attempted to carry my stupid suitcase up steps into the train, then into storage ABOVE MY HEAD
(bad)
Luckily, i got help
(good)
But, i arrived in Rennes nevertheless
(good)

I got off my train and found my second train on the monitor
(good)
I waited
(okay)
I saw on the screen what platform it was on
(good)
I saw there were two trains on the same platform
(bad)
I became confused
(bad)
I lugged my suitcase down to the platform
(bad)
I tried to find someone who spoke English and failed
(bad)
I sat down
(good)

My train was leaving in 10 minutes
(bad)
I was not on it (bad)

A conductor walking past me noticed i was a little flustered
(good)
He asked me if his train was the one i wanted (no it wasnt)
I asked him for the one to Brest
(good)
He pointed out i needed to run down to the second train on the track behind the one i had failed to notice
(good)
I walked quickly
(good)
I boarded
(good)
I got help with my luggage again
(good)
I sat down in my seat (good)
5 minutes later the train left
(good)
I barely made it
(good)

I got off on my stop at St. Brieuc
(good)
I found Florence
(good)
I made it to her house (good)
She speaks English well (GOOD)

We then continued to go to her parents house in St. Quay-Portrieux, where i met Florence's parents and some of her nieces. They had kindly prepared crèpes for us as well as brioche and hot chocolate :) That made me feel a little better.
(good)

I don't understand anything
(BAD)
I can't say anything
(BAD)
My brain freezes up
(BAD)
I'm homesick
(BAD)

I'm scared.
And don't feel prepared for this at all.

1 comment:

  1. You are going to be okay!!! All these hard things are going to make you more experienced and confident for the future! It will get easier, I promise. Thank you for sharing....we love and miss you.

    ReplyDelete